Monday, August 2, 2010

warning

"exposure to the son may prevent burning"

there's a church that drive by on my way to work from kimy's house that has a billboard that says that. it makes me chuckle every time i see it.

anyway, things are going better these days. yay. i even got to buy my i made 1 day without crying necklace. what a champ!

this past saturday i babysat quentin. he's a very tiny child. so that's fun. i had him laying on my arm and i was flying him around the room. he's very tiny so it's easy to do. and then i can say things like 'stick your arms out!' and he actually does it. it was cracking me up. we also watched a youtube video of the tiki room about 10 times. pretty sure i have the routine memorized. the best thing though was that quentin can sing the tiki chant exactly right. crazy kid.

so today at work my boss said something sassy to me and before i could think i shouted out 'i'm not breathing again until he says sorry!' and then dramatically started holding my breath. luckily he said sorry almost instantly. but gee whiz, sometimes i'm even surprised by the things that come out of my mouth. i don't know what i would have done if he hadn't said sorry. probably would have just passed out.

speaking of work, this past friday i went to this open house at a college that is opening in our shopping center and they gave me a compass. i found out that when i'm at my desk i'm facing exactly south. i spent the next few hours trying to imagine i could see all the way to florida. and once i got frustrated with my imagination i put up this:

and now i can see to florida!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Haha I wish I could see Florida!