Thursday, April 1, 2010

for the morphi


"quarter life in crisis: this news column explores the soul-searching, angst filled roller coaster ride of finding yourself in richmond in your 20s" is NOT written by or about me. also, that is NOT an artist's rendering of me. i don't have a cat. the fact that i sleep with my laptop and books in my bed is totally besides the point.

about a month ago richmond.com sent out this little newspaperette to everyone in richmond and this was the cover story. i saw it sitting on the kitchen counter in passing and didn't think much about it until my roommate mention that she saved it because it made her think of me. GREAT. in the moment it was funny and i laughed it off. until i get to work and one of my coworkers came up to me and says 'i saw this article in the newspaper that made think of you...' and went on to describe the picture of the girl with the cat and the books and the couch. and i was just like yeah i got it, thanks. thanks richmond.com for giving my current state of life a title... and then mailing it to everyone i know. that makes life awesome. the article is still up on our fridge because my roommate wants to recreate it and take a picture of me as the girl. if we ever actually do it i will be certain to post it.

anne and i went to dinner at pho so tonight. i love that place. and anne. and i love that the guy who takes our order told me i wouldn't like what i ordered because i'm american and he told me what to order and it was delicious. plus i adore anne. she is such a great friend and it's nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of.

after dinner we met up with joseph. JOSEPH ROCKS. that's all i have to say about that.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

I'm very interested to know what the article actually says. Is it the whole article that reminds everyone of you or just the picture? Are you going to get yourself a cat?

Lildonbro said...

Ha! Sorry about that. I'm pretty sure it reminded me of you because of something you had said :)
We need to recreate that picture because Sassy loves you so much so now that we have our cat model we are good to go.