Thursday, April 22, 2010

workin' it

yesterday we had our first all store meeting. all store is the annual staff appreciation event at d&b. here is a picture of the richmond management team. on the left with the yellow lei is scott (he joined the team about 2 months ago... he had previously worked at the store in arundel and is our senior manager), next to him in the blue shirt is james our general manager (before rva he worked in the atlanta stores... but he has worked in other stores up and down the east coast). in front of me is carolyn (she is currently the bar manager and came from a store in new york). with the orange lei is angelia our amusements manager (she came from a store in texas and has worked for d&b for over 20 years). on the far right with the glasses and hat is jon. jon started with d&b almost 2 years ago at the tempe location (my last store). he started there as a captain (a front door guy) and was promoted to a manager over the summer. he is also the person who got me started watching hockey... and he does his best to keep me sane. i adore this guy! in the middle is me... special events wonder girl. this year marks 5 years of doing the d&b thang. richmond is my 4th store... irvine, ca, san diego, ca, tempe, az and now richmond, va.

i would like to note that our heights are not right in this picture. i'm not sure what happened but you would never be able to tell our relative heights from this picture. mostly i'm not 6 inches taller than ang, or a foot taller than carolyn. and james is not taller than me. i'm not sure why the picture turned out like that. oh well!


this is ann. she shares an office with me. i spend more time with this good woman than anyone else i know. 8 hours a day she is locked in a room with me without so much as a window to look out. our one consolation is that sometimes we get to pose next to blow up palm trees.

anyway, i couldn't ask for a better person to share an office with and if she ever leaves i'm going to be very, very sad. also, she knows waaaay too much about my personal life... so if she leaves i will probably have to kill her to avoid running the risk of her telling all my secrets to the world. jokes! anyway, i just think of the world of ann. i'm pretty lucky to have such an amazing office buddy. plus she listens to all my stories... and i can really talk once i get started. if you ever want any info on me, ann is definitely the person to go to.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

5 yrs at d&b beats however long you'd have stayed with Wells Fargo, right?!

Interesting how my finding someone fabulous to replace me (as Miss Jennifer Castro told me I must) has resulted (hahaha, I spelt it reslutted at first.) in you moving across the country!
I sure miss special events sometimes. If you ever need to hire an administrative assistant, let me know! I'm sure Jordan wants to live out there. .. hahaha.

Elaina said...

ha! you come out here and i'm sure we could work out a job for you! don't you worry! ;)

it is pretty crazy that it's almost been 5 years. it's always funny to tell the story of how i started working at d&b... well, abby was getting married and so she had to give her job away... ha!