Thursday, June 11, 2009

several things.

first, i bought sylvie a new wheel today. she never used the old one and i thought it might have been b/c it was too difficult to get it to spin. and i was right. she hasn't stopped running in about 4 hours now. she's on a hamster marathon. i understand now why people think it would be a good idea to use a hamster to power things. they are little work horses. work hamsters.

the other day at work we were talking about that guy who won 232 million in the lotto. james was saying that if that happened to him he would still work but not at d&b. he said he'd get a job at a hardware store and work from 12-4 like 3 days a week. ann said she'd stop going to her job and do charity work. i said i would definitely not sell power cards. but i wouldn't get a job and wouldn't just do charity work either (not that charity work isn't great... i just have some other plans)

so i've been thinking of a list of things i would do if i had a seemingly endless supply o' cash.

first of course i would give 2 million to each person in my immediate family. 2 million would also go to laurel, lauren, diane, abby & dan. wouldn't it be nice to have $2 million guys?! at first i thought i'd give you each $1 million but then i figured ahh what the heck you people are worth twice that much!

i would pay the rent in my apartment for the next year.

i would buy a hunter green range rover.

and then i would set about the world learning all the things i've always wanted to learn.

i'd learn how to cook in italy. i'd learn to bake. i would not learn how to decorate cakes, that's for sure. i don't want to know how to do that.

i would learn to sculpt and draw and paint.

i would take more ballroom dancing lessons.

i would go back to school and get a degree in poli sci.

i would be one of those rich people they send to outer space.

i would join the peace corps.

i'd open a bed and breakfast.

and a smooth store some where tropical that doesn't need a smoothie store.

i would learn to play the guitar.

and the piano.

i would get a pet monkey. a little one. not the kind that can tear you apart.

i would go in a hot air balloon. and a submarine.

i would buy a cotton candy machine to keep in my living room.

i'd sponsor like 100 kids on the children's network... you know the one where the send you a picture of some poor child wearing crazy clothes. yeah i'd buy like an entire village!

i would learn about outer space. go to some mountain where they have one of those telescopes and just learn everything i can about the universe.

i would go to every national park in california.

i would learn to take fabulous photos. i will not learn to develop my own photos. i will have people for that.

i would attend sporting events all the time. and enjoy it.

i'm sure there are other things but that's what i can think of for right now.

i've decided to take a pottery class at community art center. you learn how to make things on the spinning pottery wheel thingy. classes begin in july. i'm really very excited. i think it will help me with my brain. tomorrow morning i have a chamber meeting and we will be learning about enjoying the arts in richmond. i'm very excited to learn these things. i also picked up supplies today to work on painting again.

some days i wonder if i am actually losing my mind. any time i'm at work and i'm not in my office i walk around talking to myself so that i don't forget all the important things i have to do when i get back to my office. lately i've been learning that some times i have to say i'm done for the day and turn off a piece of my mind. i'm still working on it. on the whole you can't control everything part of life.

i would like to take a moment to have a little party for myself. right now for this month i have over $55k on the books. i will probably finish at close to $70k. my budget was $20k. tulsa is at about $19k. i'm pretty impressed with it. ::hahaha:: my biggest wish in this world is that troy would call and say 'thanks for your hard work' but that will never happen. sadly, i'm the kind of person that is motivated by someone saying 'good job' but that doesn't happen much. why? i don't know.

i'm looking forward to the weekend. i'm looking forward to resting. to enjoying some time alone. that's another reason why i fear i may be losing my mind. i have no desire to go out and be around people. and i don't really like people. i think i just need some time away.

omk made me eat lunch at the bar the other day. he said 'you promised.' he's getting annoying already. ::sigh:: i brought a pad of paper with me so that i could write down all of my ideas of things i could do for marketing our murder mystery show... and not waste the time while i ate lunch. i've definitely lost my mind.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Good job! There, you are motivated.

I am actually someone who needs lots of pats on the back too. Well, you know. Anyway, you really are doing a fabulous job over there, how do you sell so many parties? Do you have a list of all the people in VA's birthdays and call their families a month before? Do you tell them that people like appetizers in threes?

You are turning into a workaholic! I am glad that you are taking a pottery class. That will be fun and relaxing and muddy. I've always wanted to do that b/c it looks like it would feel good on your hands.

I would like to have $2 million that would be nice. I almost typed "$2 million dollars" but that is like "ATM Machine." If you gave me $2 million of your seemingly unlimited amount of money, I would pay off all our debt including David's student loans, I would buy a house outright, I would buy a van, and I would buy a timeshare in the Disneyland vacation club (coolest timeshare EVER!), and I would put at least $250,000 in the bank just for savings, and I would buy lots of food storage, and lots of fabric, and lots of books. I would also give at least $20,000 to Carol and Aaron b/c we have a deal.