Saturday, June 27, 2009

bring it, what?!

i wrote this. it's called d&b beastie rap, and works best with 2 or 3 people. it's done in the styling of the beastie boys with the front man saying the words and the guys in the back shouting the rhymes. i dreamed this so you know it's awesome. it's done to a snap, snap, clap beat. here ya go:

I'm Elaina D and I'm here to SAY
Come to Dave & Buster's to eat drink and PLAY
We're a restaurant arcade and BAR
located in Short Pump, that's not very FAR
We open for dinner, happy hour and LUNCH
you will love us I have a HUNCH
The servers are friendly, bartenders are CUTE
I not only rap, I plan the parties to BOOT
We do meetings, team building and MORE
Your next party will not be a BORE
Holiday parties happen once a YEAR
We do that too so have no FEAR
So come one down don't be HESITATIN'
At Dave & Buster's we'll be WAITIN'

3 comments:

Abigail said...

HAHAHAHA!
Please tell me you do this for your intro at Networking events!!

I'm surprised to discover right now I don't remember the one I use to do to the Flinstone tune. . . .Maybe it was:
I'm Abby, from Dave & Buster's
I book the parties and the meetings too
I'm here to save you money,
so listen to what you need to do
Call us, if you're ever in a jam
We'll do the very best that we can
To make your meetings run smooth
With A/V, a nice room and great food
*Something. . .* at Dave & Buster's, you'll have a good, a very good time, you'll have a real good time!

Okay I don't really remember what comes after great food. . .

Unknown said...

hahaha
Your rap is funny. I hope you perform it for people!!!!!!!

Laurel said...

You can't perform that for people. :( It takes 3 and you are all by your lonesome, you know at work, in special events.

Speaking of Beastie rap, I got an email from CSz and I was like "Wow, I haven't done that in a long time!" And then I decided that when Dave gets home we are going there for a date some night.

Seriously though, sweet rap.