Saturday, September 8, 2012

my stomach lining

so this is mostly going to be about food today.  b/c i'm having a terrible time with food lately.  i don't know what the deal is.  if you had asked me 6 months ago what foods i am allergic to i would have said 'uhmm maybe kiwi.' but now, it's like 'uuuuuh i think everything...?'  how does that happen to a person?

every food doesn't make me have like a super reaction but most stuff makes me just sick enough to not want to eat anything ever.  so i'm pretty sure i have reactions to beef, anything with caffeine, nuts, dairy and gluten.  i'm not willing to deal with the entire gluten thing at this point... especially since it's one of the foods that i seem to just be sensitive to instead of making me feel like i'm dying (i'm looking at you beef).  anyway, i feel like the more stuff i stop eating the more food makes me sick.  what's the about, hmm?  so at this point there isn't anything i like to eat (i loathe iceberg lettuce so generally salad is the worst thing in the world) and i've become one of those picky people who never knows what they want to eat.  i'm basically just eating chicken salad and then crying the rest of the day.

according to the internet this all means that i'm dying.  but the internet has been known to overreact. 

i'm home alone this next week with all the animals.  and i swear they are being bigger jerks than normal.  if anyone wants to come over and entertain the kittens for a bit that would be great.  yesterday i went into their area to give them food and instantly had four kittens attached to my legs.  ugh.

fingers crossed, hopefully i will get to go to the fair on thursday!

4 comments:

Brianna said...

Dude you need to get some probiotics in ya! Try yogurt with active cultures (but you'll need at least 12 ounces a day) or a supplement. You need multiple strains of live bacteria (at least 2) and at least 1 billion live cultures at consumption per day...watch out for tricky labeling that says 1 billion at manufacture. The research is still new, but seems really supportive of probiotic use for gut issues. It could be something else, but can't hurt to try it out.

ladyelainaah said...

I've been drinking a probiotic drink, yakult, everyday. And I think it's helping a bit. Maybe I will also get a supplement to help get more in me. I'm also having allergic reactions on my face. I get itchy bumps on my chin and jaw but that's mostly with caffeine and nuts. I'm glad I'm on the right track with thinking I needed probiotics... I will kick it up now. If you have any suggestions about the other stuff, let me know.

Laurel said...

I hope you don't have to give up gluten for life, too hard X 10.

Anonymous said...

Know what, it might be stress + not loving stuff + the water. With a big emphasis on The Water. We drink sewage here, no matter how many filters it goes through.