Thursday, May 13, 2010

what a clown shoe

here is a funny story from days of yore:

once my mom was driving along and she saw a briefcase lying on the side of the road. being a woman who enjoys a good adventure as much as her daughter she pulled over to retrieve it. she gets it home and we open the weather beaten case to find:

clown shoes
a colorful wig
a squirty flower
index cards with jokes on them

which makes me wonder:
1. what happened in this poor clown's life?
2. what kind of clown carries his supplies in a briefcase?!

and now i'm wondering:
3. where did that stuff go?!? i hope we threw it on the side of the road again for some other adventurer to find.

this reminds me of the time i dressed up for halloween as 'this book will change your life.' it was a pretty amazing costume but i guess not too many people have heard of that book and all night people were asking me 'what book will change my life?' and i'd have to be like this book will change your life. those were the days!

UPDATE: because laurel is awesome she was able to find this:

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I would like to add an attachment to my comment, is that not possible? If I email you the picture will you promise to add it to this post? I take that as a yes.

britt said...

Ha!
I remember dressing up in that stuff and thinking it would be pretty cool to be a clown. Mom says we threw it a way, but I think we gave the stuff to the gypsy.

Jewell said...

Here are some more details of the mystery clown case
Suitcase
Found in ditch/ravine by a "Rennie"
Contents:
Clown wig
Clown nose
Clown shoes (high tops painted red}
Clown outfit (yeah Brit tried it on} How-to book on balloon animals
Balloons
Zinger
I think it was a birthday clown that got lost on North River Road and was washed away in a flash flood...or was murdered...by his wife because she couldn't stand to see him in the outfit and she hate balloon animals...