Wednesday, May 12, 2010

happy 100th post!

to celebrate my 100th post here is a list of 100 things that make me happy! in no particular order:

1. new socks
2. godiva chocolate
3. roller derby
4. dancing
5. getting prints made of pictures
6. daffodils
7. letters in the mail
8. running
9. my nieces and nephews
10. my friends' kids
11. my family
12. my friends
13. disneyland
14. virginia
15. trail running
16. feeling the sun on my arms
17. being stuck in the house because of snow
18. pizza
19. traveling
20. nyc
21. having time alone
22. baseball
23. when someone says "i knew you were going to say that"
24. new pillows
25. feeling artistic
26. church
27. long car rides
28. america
29. adventuring
30. quiche
31. yard gnomes
32. hats
33. bacon
34. hockey
35. hugs
36. painting
37. salsa dancing
38. salsa
39. hummus
40. sleeping
41. roller coasters
42. reading
43. finishing the laundry
44. blue powerade slushes
45. going to the movies
46. dark red strawberries
47. finding the perfect gift
48. surprises
49. flowers
50. when people comment on my blog
51. knowing all the words to a song
52. dancing in the car
53. people who like to have fun
54. pajamas
55. baking cupcakes
56. working hard
57. having my finger nails painted
58. mary poppins
59. looking at old pictures
60. going for walks
61. vanilla ice cream cones
62. being a tourist
63. small boats
64. karaoke
65. vacation
66. laughing
67. inexpensive, fancy jewelry
68. falling asleep on the couch
69. new books
70. staying in a hotel
71. hot tubs
72. looking at the stars
73. listening to the river
74. downtown richmond
75. having someone drive me around
76. boys who open the car door for me
77. feeling like a song was written for me
78. cotton candy
79. getting an email from laurel
80. going to dinner with a new friend
81. knowing i'm doing the right thing
82. telling an inside joke even though the one person who would get it isn't there
83. eating chicken and stars soup when i'm sick so that if i puke i'll puke stars
84. pinkberry
85. unexpected presents
86. jewelry with sayings on it or that have more than one function
87. trying new things
88. being a bridesmaid
89. paying tithing
90. when a guest i'm working with says i'm fast at doing something or offers any kind of compliment
91. when people make eye contact and then smile
92. the rain storms in the produce section of the grocery store
93. holding hands
94. penguins
95. making a wish on a dandelion
96. amber's text messages with stories about felicity
97. being barefoot
98. picnics
99. getting the ensign in the mail
100. LIFE

8 comments:

Daniel said...

how many more times can you be a bridesmaid?

Laurel said...

Congratulations! How long have you had this blog and you already have 100 posts? I wonder how many posts I have. Anyway, what a nice list, its good to have lots of things to make you happy!

Elaina said...

dan- i suppose as long as i stay single i will continue to meet mostly single people and increase the chances of being a bridesmaid again. hopefully i will get married and then it won't happen any more.

laurel- i started the blog almost exactly a year ago. the first entry was 5/7/2009.

after i finished the blog i kept thinking of other things that make me happy. like fireflies, the daffodils that grow wild in richmond, street markets, laughing at jokes in my head, tapioca pudding, fireworks and all sorts of other things. there are lots of reasons to be happy. maybe in another year i'll make a list of 200 things!

britt said...

What the crazy?! Already 100 posts!

Good list laina. New socks are the best, aren't they?

PS: I love that stupid Baby song now. It came on the other day while James and I were waiting in line at subway and we broke it down right there, yo.

Laurel said...

When I read Britt's comment at first I thought she was waiting in line for the subway, and I was like, "Where were they that they took a subway?" I thought she went to NY or something. And then I realized she was just getting sandwiches.

Abigail said...

That was a very fun list! I now need you to email me your mailing address. :)

britt said...

Ha! I wish. We were doing something way less cool.

Laurel said...

I counted, I have had 180 posts since August 9, 2008. So, I missed my 100th post party. :(