Wednesday, May 5, 2010

ch-ch-ch-ch-check it out

this wasn't my original thought but i'd like to say i don't understand why people lie. i mean, eventually the real story is going to come out. especially when he made us all connect with him on linked in. so weird.

dave & buster's was acquired two days ago. to reiterate the sentiment of corporate... nothing is going to change. but the one thing i know in life is that the one thing that never changes is that change always happens. when he told me nothing was going to change i told him buddy i've been around this place long enough to know things always change and we just roll with it, don't worry about me. i don't know why a person would ever promise that things will never change. it would be terrible if things stay like they are forever.

back to my original thoughts: first, when i put on my running shoes i feel like i could power through anything. i think these shoes must be magic. anyway, running gives you time to think. i do a lot of thinking like this 'my heart is going to explode. my heart is going to explode. i'm going to puke.' luckily neither of those things has happened yet. whew! this morning i was thinking about how i currently don't know what it is that i want. there are so many things going on in my head and it's confusing. but there are some things i know for sure. i know i am a daughter of God. i know i want my family to be eternal. i know i am capable and able to take take care of myself. i know my mental agility is a 5 (ha! that's a joke for me... we're doing our reviews at work and we have to score our own mental agility on a scale of 1-5. i gave a big speech about why mine is a 5. james says i have something smart to say about everything. i told him that proves my point exactly.). i know i can do anything i put my mind to. i know i need to learn patience.

and i suppose those are the things i know this morning.

this afternoon we have a meeting of the party planning committee.

3 comments:

Abigail said...

Yes Elaina, you are definately a 5! Those are good things to know about yourself, I'm still working on them.
Good luck with D&B!

Laurel said...

If I bought Dave & Busters I would change things. Because it would be boring not to. I would change the name to Dave & Laurel's! And I would put creme brulee on the menu.

So, apparently there is a movement going on about running barefoot. I thought of that b/c you said your running shoes are powerful. My sis-in-law is into it and she is planning on doing a barefoot triathlon at the end of the month. http://www.barefootrunner.com/

I do think that it is really awesome that you are getting so into fitness and especially running. Its really addictive but its a much better thing to be addicted to than like drugs or gambling or shopping or eating. I think you are getting a real sense of accomplishment from it, and that's good, its good to accomplish.

I was going to exercise club faithfully and it was giving me the same good feelings, plus I lost my baby weight from Matthew so that was awesome. But, now I am not exercising at all, I am just sitting on the couch all day trying not to throw up. But, once I am done with all the nausea I want to start doing my prenatal work-out video. Maybe you can cheer me on!

Anyway, longest comment ever. But, Abby's right that those are all important things to know, in fact I would say the most important things. Have a nice day!

Elaina said...

bare foot running! yes! i am into that. i really want to get some five fingers shoes. they simulate running barefoot but let your soles be protected. i think running barefoot is a good idea for strengthening the muscles in your feet. so important!