Monday, March 8, 2010

books is good

curse you hot tub time machine for being rated r. universe, you know i am a sucker for anything having to do with the space time continuum. it just isn't right. ::sigh:: thems the brakes i suppose.

so we're pretty much settled into the new house. a couple of my walls are still lacking in the art department but i'm getting there.

tonight i really feel like i need to paint but it's not going to happen. it probably won't happen until this weekend and that makes me a little sad. painting is such a wonderful stress reliever for me. maybe saturday afternoon i will have time to do the second layer of the painting i started a month ago. i'm really pleased with how it has turned out so far. it's a dark gray background, with a brown branching across it. now i just have to add pink / white cherry blossom flowers. maybe i will just make time tomorrow night.

last week i bought photography for dummies. i'm hoping to get out and start taking some pictures soon now that the weather is a little warmer and it's becoming spring. spring... it's like a dream come true, isn't it? the thing i look most forward to is when the fireflies come back. favorite thing in the entire world. i also look forward to going for bike rides again. maybe a picnic. feeling warm from the outside in.

bill comes to visit on saturday! yay! i've taken the entire week off work. it's going to be so nice to not have to go in for a while. i really need some away time. ::sigh:: but even better... i get to hang out with bill! i've been looking forward to this for a year! i feel the need to stock up on john wayne movies, vanilla ice cream and bananas.

i'm feeling kind of blue. some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

a final story to make me happy. i spent one night while i was in ca up at laurel's house. amber text messaged me the next morning to tell me that felicity woke up and ran into the room where i had been staying, didn't find me there and ran back and said 'mom, where's my best friend?' i miss her. here is a picture of me and my bff. :)



5 comments:

Daniel said...

Do you just refuse to see rated r movies? Well actually, anything rated r doesn't seem to be your type

Elaina said...

i enjoy the fact that you think rated r things aren't my type. this is why you're my bff from the way back.

Brianna said...

I love that Felicity loves you. I can't wait until those words come out of Elena's mouth. Oh nieces! They are special.

Laurel said...

I like you because I get your references.

Lildonbro said...

That's so weird...I did the same thing this morning (ran into your room)

Sorry it took me so long to read this post...but it was a good one. Did you ever do the painting? I missed it.