Friday, February 26, 2010

movin' day

my lease is up on sunday... which means MOVING TIME! brianna and i spent the evening moving just up every box over to the new house. we're pretty much amazing. my back is like, what the what? highlight: moving the bookcase. so brianna grabs the side of the bookcase and the top half starts to fall in slow motion towards me. after swearing a bit out of shock of thinking a bookcase was about to land on my head, i recovered and we decided to try to move the top half. as i grabbed the shelf they all just came apart in my hands. it was like one of those bad dreams where you're falling and you're trying to grab things but they just keep slipping through your fingers. it was like that but a bookcase. i don't know if the bookcase was made out of giant wooden legos or maybe some jenga pieces but that bookcase was crazy. it wound up making it to the dumpster in about 80 tiny pieces.

last night when i was falling asleep my brain decided to make a list of things i love. this is how it went:
1. dinosaurs
2. outer space
and then i fell asleep. i woke up and remembered this list and was cracking up. sometimes my brain makes awesome all by itself.

so tonight the missionaries came over. they started the evening by saying we have a great surprise for you... a rap song. the lesson was on having a positive attitude. anyway we get to end of the lesson and they say now we have an object lesson and this will work out really well if you have a positive attitude. at this point i'm practically boucing out of my seat b/c this is when the rap song is coming. so they pull out a bible and turn to a scripture and say ok, now rap this scripture for us! WHAT THE WHAT? they had no plan of rapping for me... i was been forced to rap for them... and worse of all it had to be improvised on the spot. after a few minutes of saying things like is this a joke? are you serious? is this for reals? i attempted to rap the scripture. good times. hopefully it provided the entertainment they were looking for.

2 comments:

Lildonbro said...

Those jerks...those mormon missionaries are not permitted in my house...(except tonight because Amber is having them over).

So I must have been inspired to start naming my muscles after dinosaurs (even though I only got on down). OH wait! I forgot to tell you, pectorsaurous was another one. Oh man, I'm going to blog my list :)

Anonymous said...

I think you should combine the things on that list.