Tuesday, March 9, 2010


this is from moving day. phil, joseph and me. this is a picture of the front of the house. check out the cute blue shutters. they match the cute blue door.

kimy and i got together for dinner. reasons i adore kimy: a list.
1. she is smart.
2. she is a hard worker.
3. she is a good listener.
4. she has red hair.
5. she understand when i talk business.
6. she was a great roommate.
7. she says things like "do you want to go get some godiva?"
plus tons of others reasons.

today brianna and nate came in for lunch. it was the best lunch i've had in ages. we talked about our jobs and our opinions on things like health care and NASA and whether or not it's ever safe to stand on a ladder on top of a desk. it was nice to have a break from talking about 3 year olds' birthday parties and explaining how power cards work and what the phrases 'revenue minimum' and 'prior to tax and gratuity' mean.

hobbies make me happy. i have spent so much time letting work define who i am and i'm just done with being that person. i suppose to people outside my brain (which would be everybody, except me... in case you were confused) that probably didn't ever seem like it was the case. or maybe i'm lying to myself about how much i let on about how my job controlled me. and to a large extent it still does. my work can greatly affect my mood and happiness level but i'm in a better place with it now.

lastly this picture of my hair:

laurel sent me these satin roses in the mail! they're really great. they also have a ribbon and two more roses. they can be used as a belt or necklace or on your lapel or... in your hair!

i'm going to extend the same offer on my blog. the first five people to comment on this entry will receive a handmade gift from me.

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Me me me! As long as I don't have to do the whole thing again, because it was fun, but you know. :)

I'm glad you like them! Thanks for taking a picture, your hair looks very cute!

Amber Lanae- said...

ME! Cause I'm your roomie and I helped you with the pinning!

Plus, I make you laugh!


Why did I feel like that was an audition or an application for a date...

Daniel said...

I feel like I'm calling into KSBR late at night for one of Lex's radio station giveaways. I got movie tickets once and then I just stopped staying up

Katie said...

Me Me cuz you miss me so so much :)

britt said...

Ooo I just made it! Unless, someone else is commenting at the same time as me!
Cuuute house!

Lildonbro said...

That necklace looks so fancy!

Anonymous said...

Drat I'm too late. You look like something I'd buy off the tv at 2am though!