Monday, August 3, 2009

happy calzone day!

today was calzone day at work. which is funny b/c we ate calzones for dinner last night too. and actually we ate strombolli today and we just called it calzone day. at any rate calzone day is a very special day.

so this morning i walk into my office and my boss is sitting there and he says 'so do you want the good news or the bad news first?' at which point i sit down, put my head in my hands and tell him i'll go with the bad. he waits a long time thinking and he turns and says 'uhhh, i can't think of any!' at which point i'm crackin' up mostly from the relief. and i say 'ok great, what's the good news?!' and he hands me a paper and says 'YOU'RE NUMBER ONE!' ok so i realize at this point that no one will know what i'm talking about but i am number in the company in guest pulse results for the quarter!!! i nearly started to cry.

the guest pulse is a phone survey that event hosts take rating the event process from beginning to end. and the results of this are really important to the people at whq. and i am NUMBER ONE... for the QUARTER... for the ENTIRE COMPANY. i've never been number one before. it couldn't have been better timing either b/c i had been feeling really down on myself b/c there is tons of work still to be done and i'm constantly drowning in work and i can't ever get everything done that i need to get done but i'm trying... i'm really trying. at any rate it was just incredible to see us ranked number one. whenever i think about it i feel like i'm going to start crying. what a girl!

so i start working on some stuff and for some reason i turn to james and asked him how much vacation time i have left and he said he didn't really know and i told him i thought it was around 8 days and he said 'well, i need to talk to you about that... we were talking about it this morning and i'm requiring you to take a week off before october b/c you work too much.' i don't know why i feel so validated when people tell me i work too much. ::hahaha:: i think it might be a sickness. definitely a sickness. but now i'm all day dreamy about the week off that i get. i've been imagining all the wonderful things a person could do if they had an entire week off! it just seems to wonderful to be true!

this is what has been going on in my head all day: 'oh, a-week-vacation! you want to take me to the ball?! why whatever will i wear?!' at which point a-week-vacation and i dance around and fall madly in love and live happily ever after in elaina-has-lost-her-mind-land. the worst part about this daydreaming is i'm not able to stop myself from acting out my daydreams... so my coworkers see me sitting at my desk making moony faces and acting like a disney princess. luckily they are already totally aware that i'm insane... they totally expect at this point that i will spend the entire day talking to myself, singing and doing motivational chants. i often have to remind them that they have to worry if i start using different voices when i talk to myself.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

ha. love it. that's amazing that you're number 1. congrats. i mean, you're numero uno in my book, but now other people think so too.

where are you gonna go for your vacation?! that's so exciting. i love vacation.

Unknown said...

YOU GO GIRL! I know what it means to be number one in the company! Wish I could say we were doing well...we have some improving to do. You rock sister. I am very proud of you. I do have a question though. Considering you are a grammer freak, what's with the improper typing in all lower caps. Isn't there a law about that kind of stuff.

Unknown said...

By the way this is Jen Castro commenting above. s

Laurel said...

Wow! Good job! You are a D&B ROCK STAR!! What are you going to do for your vacation? I was going through some boxes in Matthew's room and I found like 300 power cards.

Unknown said...

Very cool! Out of the whole company? Wow. DO you get a raise or bonus for that???
When do you take your week off? HOPEFULLY you will be spending it HERE! We miss you!!!!!!!

Elaina said...

jen - thanks! i was seriously shocked when i saw it! i knew the scores has been pretty good but i seriously hadn't expected them to be that high. as for the lower case... it's what i refer to as my "blog style." i want to write in a way that feels like a conversation and is casual... so no capital letters!

lar & amber - i'm hoping to be in southern california the last week of august though i haven't purchased any plane tickets are anything yet. i'm really hoping it works out this time. i miss you guys like crazy! plus, i really want to go to disneyland!!!

Laurel said...

I hope you can come! We really want to see you too, plus we want to go to Disneyland!