Wednesday, August 19, 2009

shew fly don't bother me

so there was just a ridiculously loud fly in my apartment. like at first i thought maybe a helicopter had flown inside by mistake. but it turns out no it was just the world's noisiest fly. i'm not totally sure whether it was louder than the average fly or if i just don't hang out with flies that often. anyway, at first i tried to hit him with a roll of paper towels, which seemed to make it drunk. which was fine, until he spilled his tiny fly martini on the carpet and started saying things he's going to regret in the morning. he eventually flew over to the door and sat on it. so i opened the door and he flew out. it was very odd. i never expected him to just fly out the door. flies! they're just full of surprises.

less than a week until i go to ca... or was it the swiss alps? i can't remember anymore. at any rate, i'll be getting on an airplane and leaving richmond. and going to one republic or another.

today i went to barnes and noble and bought too many books. i also bought hans christian andersen the movie. i love that movie. it reminds me of the first time i came to richmond, when i was sicky and had to stay in the hotel when i should've been looking for apartments. it makes me want a sundae. at any rate, i love when he makes all the ballet slippers. and when he sings i'm hans christian andersen! i just love it.

1 comment:

Lildonbro said...

The Swiss Alps...at least that's the story.

The fly reminds me of the time this fugly bug flew into my car and landed on my hand and I screamed and my auto-mates made fun of me...that is until they saw it!!! Then they were on my side and we tried not to get killed while driving down Broad.