Monday, August 17, 2009

be excellent to each other

so i'm starting worry about my absorption in work. i spent the evening laughing about something that you should've been personally a little heart breaking and yet crying about work. the realization of this only made me cry more... why should i not care about boy drama any more?!? suddenly the thing that is truly heart breaking is the arcade?! who am i? and when do i get my life back?

i feel as though my life is a romantic comedy beach read book... you know the one with the brightly colored cover... there's a cartoon woman looking frazzled and yet some how together... the woman who though she seems to have it all together... the job, the friends, the quirky view on life... is still hopelessly unlucky in love. note to the universe: that's supposed to be a book. NOT MY LIFE. and yet there's the the usual characters: the guy best friend who's there through thick and thin, the ex who is obviously no good and yet is always popping up, the string of unfortunate dating mistakes and good ol' me, just rollin' with the punches. doing the joke arms (if i've never shown you the joke arms i'm more than willing to demonstrate at parties) and waiting for the day it all makes sense. my own personal aha moment. the kind where i say, that's what that was all about.

tonight it was the kind of situtation that should be funny a few months or a year down the road but for whatever reason in the moment it just made me laugh. i suppose the laugh was less 'this is hilarious' and more 'i could not have dreamed a better plot twist.' it's not that what happened was funny just the way it all played out. have no fear friends, when i do write the book i will change your names, paint you in a favorable light, and send you a check for your share of the story.

i need this trip to ca... probably more than anyone really knows. here's to hoping i come back.

4 comments:

Lildonbro said...

When are you going to CA?! What happened!? I want to buy the book, but if I make some strange appearance show me in the most unfavorable light possible, if you are making everyone else look good I have to stand out somehow.

Lildonbro said...

P.S. I would like to see the joke arms

Laurel said...

Hmm . . . I would like to hear the story about what made you laugh. I'm sorry for whatever it was b/c it doesn't sound happy.

Anonymous said...

Dude how is it that I haven't seen the joke arms?