Saturday, May 30, 2009

ukrops update

so i went back to ukrops. i was happy to find that the bakery makes yellow cake with chocolate forsting (my favorite) and it's delicious. they also have precooked whole chickens. this is one my favorite things in the entire world. however they insist on taking your groceries to your car and i HATE that. i can never find my car when i walk out of a store and it's only made worse by the pressure of a stranger following you with a cart of your food. plus what do you say to them? are you supposed to tip them? it just makes me uncomfortable.

random things i claim are my favorite thing in the entire world:
precooked whole chickens
reggaeton
easy cheese
jeopardy
samba

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I bought a roast chicken at Costco last time I was there. I used it for a teriyaki chicken bowl, paired it with top ramen and made lots and lots of chicken quesadillas. It rocked.

Elaina said...

they really are the best thing! i make chicken sandwiches with them. it's delicious.

Abigail said...

I love roast chickens too! I'd rather have someone else cook me a whole chicken in a yummy way than stare down a raw whole chicken!

I HATE stores that take your groceries to your car!! The Commissary on the base was that way and it drove me nuts! And ya they totally do expect a tip, but they never say that! Our commisary did have signs saying the baggers work for tips only. But ya, I'd always freak out as to whether my car was clean enough for them to see, or what they'd think about the fact that I can't open my trunk with the key, so they have to stand there and wait for me to unlock the car, pop the trunk, get the kid out of the way, etc.