Thursday, May 7, 2009

and then i was like... uhm for sure.



so i was thinking about some random things that happened over the last day or so. here they are.

yesterday this guy came up to me at work and asked where i live. i told him i lived just down the street and made a gesture meaning out there in the world, beyond the place where we are employed. and he got all excited and asked where exactly, so i told him my cross streets and he got all angry and said you live over there and pointed in the opposite direction of what i had just pointed. and then i explained to him that the hand gesture wasn't meant to actually indicate the direction in which my home was, but just to say 'hey i don't live right here... i live some where else.' today he told me i smelled good.

i've once again realized that i'm a lot like a 7 year old. don't worry friends, i'm not watching the 'how does she know' scene from Enchanted on repeat for hours again. (Sorry Rachele... i know that was a miserable week at work with that soundtrack.) nope, the latest thing i am obsessed with is this new hat i bought. i really wish i could wear it to work but dave & buster's, oddly enough, is not the kind of place you can wear a hat to. it's not even the kind of place you can wear a jean skirt to... or open toe shoes... or even red shoes (without being mocked at least, and hey lets add retainers to the list while we're at it, but i digress). anyway, i get home from work today and put on my hat. next thing i know i'm waking up from a nap, still wearing my hat. and now it's a quarter after midnight and i'm still wearing my hat. i just really love this hat.


so about two weeks ago the locking mechanism in my car door fell out. weird, right?

i got my eyebrows waxed today. guys will never understand the terrible things we do to look nice for them. but i have to admit my eyebrows look FABULOUS. i really hope someone notices. ha. and when i say someone, i don't mean anyone in particular. i really mean someone... because someone aready noticed.

so i went to wendy's tonight because i love frosties. the woman working at the drive through didn't have hair she had a sculpture. i really wanted to ask how she got her hair to do that but, you know, i was at the drive through and she's a very busy woman. at any rate it was incredible. much like a lip ring, i know it was something i could never pull off but i can still dream!

my new bff works at mimi's cafe. i called there this morning to place a to go order for one of my coworkers. this is how the conversation went:


him: what kind of car do you drive?

me: oh i'm going to walk-in because i work over at dave & buster's

him: is this miss elaina?!?

me: YESSSSS!!!!


i louvre him.


4 comments:

Laurel said...

You are a crazy lady and you've always been a little crazy for hats. I bought a hat at Disneyland that is pink and green camo and reads, "Princess" and I love it too. I wear it whenever it is sunny. I forgot to look at your eyebrows again before I commented, but I am sure they look fabulous! I'm a little confused about "someone" is there a someone or not? Let's not have anymore of these secret boyfriends, I want to hear all the juicy gossip!

Anonymous said...

Dude how did I get left out of the locking mechanism story?

Abigail said...

It is a really cute hat! Somehow I typed happy instead of hat. That was weird. I like that the guy at Mimi's cafe calls you MISS Elaina. that's fun!

Elaina said...

no boyfriend. when i get one i'll let you know.

em you need to write that story. i'm just fact reporting.

the mimi's guy is so funny. the other day my coworkers when in there to get breakfast and he was there and was like 'oh do you work with miss elaina?!'