Monday, May 25, 2009

happy memorial day!
















sylvie is running around in her ball now. it worries me that she runs into the walls so much. i'm afraid she will give herself shaken baby syndrome. shaken hamster syndrome. something. at any rate she spends an hour or more every night cruising around the apartment running into things. i give her free reign of the house since she can't get into much trouble inside a plastic ball. some times i wonder if she likes having it as a mode of transportation or if it actually scares her and that's why she runs. who knows. at least she isn't stuck in the cage! i was worried b/c she has been acting funny so i thought maybe she got the disease the lady at the pet store warned me about but she seems to be doing ok now. my favorite thing about watching her run away is when she builds up enough speed it really looks like she is just running on her back legs... like a tiny furry human. hilarious.


this last weekend was spent in north carolina. this is still amazing to me. the idea that i can spend a weekend in north carolina just confuses me to no end. i went to kitty hawk. while we were outside touring the monument was the only time it rained the entire weekend. and it poured for the 30 minutes we were outside.

in north carolina they try to sell fun a lot. there was one store that said it sold ice cream and fun. lazer tag and fun. every where you go they're selling fun. i thought this was quite ridiculous until i realized that i also sell fun at my place employment and then it all seemed quite reasonable.
last week giant bug creatures attacked my home. it was one of the most frightening and disturbing nights of my life. i am not used to bugs the size of my fist. i now keep a can of bug spray near by at all times. when i think about the bugs my lips start to tingle. i'm not exactly sure what that's about but i'm certain it's not a good sign. so anyway i noticed a giant bug on the ceiling and i freaked out and didn't know what to do. and my friend dan told me to get it with a broom. i have included a picture of this bug. so anyway i go to get the broom and who should be on the broom? an even bigger black bug of doom so i shut the door to where the broom was (yes, the broom has it's own private room) and began running and screaming around my house. i attempted to trap the ceiling centipede bug under a pot (at this point it had become a floor centipede bug) but it got out and eventually went into where the water heater was and i was too scared to open the door b/c it just seemed to horror movie-esque. anyway the next morning i go to take a shower and the nasty centipede was in the shower! i seriously almost vomited. needless to say i went to work unshowered that day. ::shudder:: a few days later a washed a GIANT cricket down the shower. VOMIT. that's enough of that.
tonight we had dinner at 5 guys! dear friends, please come visit and enjoy this fabulous place with me. love, elaina.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

I can't believe you can spend the weekend in North Carolina either. Crazy small states.

Those bugs are really gross. Bugs are gross.

Today we had a block party and it was really fun. Natalie looked SO cute but I didn't get to take any pictures b/c I left my camera at Abby's house. She was going to drive up for a visit and bring my camera to me, but now she can't b/c she is having a baby. I can't drive down and get it b/c my car has a flat tire which I need to change and then buy a new one and I'm too girly for that, so I can't leave my house anymore. Sad story.

Abigail said...

thank you for updating, i needed something happy and entertaining to read! I want to come visit someday and go to 5 guys!