Monday, July 4, 2011

hmmm.

whenever i try to do a southern accent i sound like foghorn leghorn. it's so weird. if anyone wants to help me with that ::imagine a southern accent aka foghorn leghorn speaking:: i would be much obliged.


so i just decided that my favorite episode of the twilight zone is kick the can. some of my favorite quotes:


Maybe the Fountain of Youth isn't a fountain at all. Maybe it's a way of looking at things. A way of thinking.


There is magic in the world, I know there is. When I fell in love with Mary, kissed her for the first time, that was magic. When my boy was born, that was magic. Friendship is a magic thing. Maybe I'm right, Ben. Maybe Kick the Can is the greatest magic of all.


Ben, you're afraid. You're afraid of a new idea. You're afraid to look silly. You're afraid to make a mistake. You decided that you were an old man and that has made you old.


Charles: You believed in magic then...
Ben: Me? Magic?
Charles: Yes you did. When we walked on different sides of a street lamp you'd say "bread and butter" and when your baby teeth came out, you'd put them under the pillow for the tooth fairy. Yeah, you believed in magic. What happened, Ben?

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I used to DVR the Twilight Zone. I don't anymore.

Anonymous said...

I stopped paying attention after Foghorn Leghorn because your next Halloween costume should be Dead Foghorn Leghorn.

Diane said...

Kick the Can has been my all time favorite Twilight Zone episode since the first time I saw it when I was about 8... this is why we're friends.