Tuesday, July 26, 2011

donuts make me go nuts

so a week or so ago i told jimothy i would take him to my favorite donut store. you see, the donuts in virginia aren't like the donuts in california. in california you have cute little mom & pop donut shops on every corner. here, you have krispy kreme and dunkin donuts. the end. it's awful. the donut situation is a real let down, except for...

country style donuts.

this place is amazing. so after months and months of us talking about it, i finally scheduled a time in my blackberry to get donuts with him. it literally said in my blackberry 'donuts with jimothy.' i'm really hoping my boss didn't happen to look at my calendar for the that evening. anyway we make the half hour drive out to the donut store and...

it's closed.

why?

because it's closed every monday. did i know that? YES. this was the third or fourth time that i had driven the half hour to this donut store to arrive and realize BAH it's monday and they are closed.

we were both really sad and decided to stop at dunkin donuts on the way home in hopes that it would be just as good.

we get out donuts, head to his house and settle in and start watching mystery science theater 3000. i grab a donut (i think it was maple) and take a bite. and then i started crying.

i was actually crying tears of sadness. the donut tasted like what i can only describe as despair. the donut was despair flavored, people... you would have cried too.

anyway, today i was working at a hotel by the airport that is about 3 miles from the donut shop... i double checked my brain to ask whether or not today was monday and it turns out... today isn't! i got inside the donut shop and got roped into a half hour long conversation about the economy and how terrible children are and social security with two old guys. eventually i was able to get the donuts and get out.

i'm meeting jimothy for dinner. i'm planning to bring the donuts. i'm going to tell the waiter it's jimothy's birthday and those are his birthday dessert. b/c i'm a liar and i want to be able to eat the donuts some place that isn't a parking lot.

and hopefully tonight i will be crying tears of joy.

1 comment:

Lildonbro said...

"because I'm a liar" haha! that is awesome. I'm so glad you were able to get a donut from there, I LOVE those donuts...and now I want one...
Did Jimothy enjoy his birthday dessert? I hope so.