Wednesday, February 2, 2011

skippy doo dah

so i was listening to npr the other day... actually i listen to npr every day because they play classical music in the morning and jazz in the evenings. and those are two of my favoritest things in the world. anyway, i hear random stories from npr and they usually tick me off. the other day i caught the very end of a news report that finished with "they are literally throwing money and energy into a pit." at first i thought, hey npr no they are not literally throwing money and energy into a pit. they're doing it figuratively. and then i realized i hadn't heard the beginning of the story and i decided that there is a giant pit some where and standing at the edge is.... alan greenspan with a fistful of benjamins and zeus with a fistful of lightening bolts. and they are literally throwing money and energy into this pit. i'm guessing that some angry government would like them to stop but, really, how do you stop a man who is wielding lightening bolts? there's no controlling a person like that.

i'm back on a mary tyler moore kick. i don't know why i love that show so much but i love to watch it. i could spend days just hanging out with mary.

so have you ever been so excited that you started dry heaving in an arcade? yeah, i know, me too. so after much waiting i found out today that i got into comedy sportz here in richmond. rehearsals start next week and the theatre is supposed to open in march. i about had a melt down this afternoon when i got the message that i was in. and then i began running around the store going between shocked screaming noises and dry heaving from excitement. it's impossible to explain just how exciting getting in to comedy sportz is for me. unless of course you've known me for years and you know how much i worship the ground comedy sportz stands on.

if i was any more excited there would be two of me. the one me here and the other me who i almost threw up in the arcade.

some important notes on comedy sportz: 1. i won't be quitting dave & buster's to do csz. comedy sportz is an unpaid gig, for now. so unless i can pay my rent with hopes and dreams, i won't quit my day job. 2. despite popular belief, being in comedy sportz doesn't also mean i will get a boy friend (i'm not sure why, but i've had a few people ask me that. maybe they know something i don't. maybe they think i'm in the stage of my life where all my dreams come true like some sort of disney movie). 3. yes, this ties me to richmond for a bit longer. 4. no, i won't say something funny to you. i charge for that now. and lastly 5. yes i will probably wind up on snl there by proving that i should have won that senior superlative of most likely to appear on saturday night live.

ok i need to calm myself down before i start dry heaving again.

other points of interest i am once again living in a place with my belongings and running water. together. united. all three of us. me, my stuff and water. we're getting along just fine.

now if a certain someone purchases a knuble jersey for me, i might just think i've died and not realized it.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

i literally laughed out loud multiple times while reading this.

The other, figurative me, I threw laughter into a pit and watered it where it grew into a laughter tree

Laurel said...

I've been watching a show on SyFy called Face Off. A man there says "literally" all of the time, figuratively! Once when he was excited he said, "It was literally Christmas morning!" And I LITERALLY started yelling at the TV, "No it wasn't, it wasn't Christmas, you are a LIAR!"

Congrats again on getting into CSz, I am super excited for you. And since I likely will never get to go to Richmond to see you I would really like someone to take a video for me. Maybe every time.