Saturday, February 19, 2011

better from behind

the other day i was at a networking event. i met a lady who runs a gun safety and self defense school. i told her that if anyone ever tried to attack me my plan was to gouge their eyes out with my thumbs and asked if that was a good idea. she said, well at least you have a plan.

my coworker told her that he always carries his keys through his fingers so he could hit someone with them if he had to. she said 'and that's probably why you'll never get attacked b/c attackers are looking for people who look like an easy target. so since you carry your keys like that they will stay away from you.' and then she turns to me and says 'and they'll stay away from you b/c you probably walk around with the attitude that you're about to gouge someone's eyes out.'

i think that makes me sounds like much more of a bad ass than i actually am but i'll take it.

rehearsal this week went well. i'm getting used to everyone, liking people more, getting my improv land legs back, if there is such a thing. i'm excited at the opportunity to learn and grow and to make mistakes and look like an idiot and just play and have fun. i can't wait to just have a blast playing and laughing.

i feel like that's going to be the hardest thing for me... to not just stand there and laugh at the things that happen. it's been almost 10 years since the last time i performed improv. i almost can't remember what it's like to just jump. that's going to be one of the hardest things for me, learning to trust these people. i'll get there though. b/c i want it.

it's funny b/c people will ask what other improv i've done and i have to be like uhmm well i did comedy sportz in high school. which i'm sure makes me sound like i'm 19. and it doesn't help that i look like i'm 22... and that's pushing it. oh well, i'll let people think i'm just a wee lass. maybe that will help me get away with more.

it will be interesting to see what the next few months bring. ::excited::

in a couple months i will be in florida, chilling with harry potter, enjoying a butter beer. the trip has been pushed back a few times but it looks like we have a real plan now. i can't wait!

i wonder what happens to me in my dreams that i would wake up with 'grown and sexy' by chamillionaire stuck in my head. for two days that song has been stuck in my head. the worst part about it is i only know a few of the words and when ever i try to sing them they sound absurd. it goes something like this 'grown and sexy... hmmmmrrmm.... soon as you turn around... hmmmh mhhhhhh... better from behiiiIIIiind, better from behind. mrrrrrrrhhhmm mona lisa.... uhmm behiiiIIIiiiiind.' and my coworkers are like, uhm what?

that's life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we should email Harry Potter and ask him to actually meet us there.