Thursday, February 3, 2011

oh what a day


i've stolen this picture from emsy for one reason. b/c she posted it on a day when i had a very funny thought about gravity.

anyway, my alarm clock went off and i thought to myself 'self, i simply can not get out of bed today.' was it because i was too tired? no, of course not. but my problem was that i felt that it was going to be totally futile and painful to attempt to fight gravity on that particular day.

after a few minutes i became a bit more coherent and i started cracking up. some how my sleepy brain had convinced the rest of me that gravity was just too much for us. i soon was out of bed and realized that gravity was not nearly as painful as i had remembered. it still makes me laugh as i remember my internal struggle that mostly consisted of my brain saying 'there's no reason to not be horizontal for the rest of that day.'

speaking of my brain coming up with random things, today i had an idea of something that i thought was hilarious. so, someone said something about being buried with their stuff and my brain started running down little roads, thinking funny little things. i came up with this scenario... so you know how the pharaoh was buried with his stuff? including servants who were killed and buried with him? well i had this idea about how the pharaoh has his two favorite servants and they know he is on his death bed and are there to attend to him in his final moments. after he dies they decide that they're too young to go with him and in a weekend at burney's-esque move they decide to prop up the pharaoh and pretend he has made a miraculous recovery. they go about having a wild time and ruling the nation with the dead pharaoh at their side. i think i will make this into a movie and call it the pharaoh and me.

that is all.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Bwhahaha! I want an invite to the premier of that movie.