Friday, May 4, 2012

why'd it have to be tourists

as a point of information, i do not care one iota about star wars.  also 3-d things make me sick.  not like the world and everything around me but 3-d movies and rides.  also i can never make those magic eye picture things work.  what does that say about me?

a few weeks back we were going on the indiana jones ride.  at the beginning your car selects one of three prizes you can find on the ride.  the options are treasure, the fountain of youth or knowing the future... i think.  though now that i say that i'm not actually certain that the last option is the future but i think it is.  anyway, we were discussing the which one we would want the most.  i said i would like the fountain of youth b/c then i would have more time to do all the things i want to do.

what would you pick?  hmmm?

knowing the future reminds me of the movie big fish.  the boy meets a witch and if you look into her eye you will see how you die.  and the character says something along the lines that if you knew how you were going to die on one hand it could mess you up b/c that would be all you would think about, but on the other hand you would know you could get through everything else in life.  which brings me to this: the thing about icebergs is...

they are repaving a street or putting a new roof on one of the buildings near my house right now.  the moral of the story if it smells TERRIBLE AND I WANT TO PASS OUT.

is it time for the la fair yet???  i love that fair!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

I think I would just want the treasure. Basically, life is already good the way that its set up and I wouldn't want to live forever which I think is part of the eternal youth deal. I don't want to know the future, I think that messes up the living of your life. But, money would be nice.

Abigail said...

I'm with Laurel. I say treasure. I think eternal youth would be hell. And ditto what L said about the future. Treasure on the other hand could be enjoyed during your short life as you wait/create your unknown future.