Friday, May 4, 2012

may the fourth be with you

james wanted a picture with the jaguar and this was the best we were able to do.  i think it was a good try.

 last night i finished book four of the game of thrones series.  this book was a serious let down.  i really enjoyed the first book and the second one was ok and i wanted to find out what happened to the characters.  by book three i had more or less checked out (in fact i took a month break to re-read the first four harry potter books) and only cared about 2 or 3 of the 872 characters in the series.  but after this last book, i'm done.  the characters i cared about weren't even in the book and the one character i cared about who actually was in book four is now boring.  i'm going to assume all the characters just get killed and life is terrible forever in their world.  besides, the guy still has at least two more books to write before he finishes the series... and i'm going to wager that he passes away before he finishes writing them (he's pretty old and it takes him like five years to write each book and i'm guessing he has no idea where he's going with the books so it might take him even longer).


these days at work we're only working 3 days a week.  which is pretty much terrible for money.  but i got to spend the last few days out with brittany's family.  we went to the la zoo and saw lots of animals and ate circus cookies.  we went to the mission in ventura and the ventura county museum.  we also we went costco for lunch one day.  oh and i had a donut!  they have a new cat (a lost kitten who showed up at their door step during a rain storm last week).  it's a very sweet cat and loves to sit next to you and be pet.


my lap is the best place to sit while watching tv, i guess

 i want to go running but also i really, really don't.  i'm a baby and i mostly only like to run on moist dirt.  and that's not really an option around here.  richmond was good for running in some ways... and terrible in others. it is good b/c it has nice trails.  it was bad b/c there are no street lights and no side walks and it rains a lot.  anyway, that's the story of that.

there is a lot of accountability in the knowledge that your life is the way it is b/c you have chosen it.  i've been thinking about that a lot lately.  i mean, we don't always pick what happens to us but we always decide how we respond.  it's an interesting point to think about.  also, when i start getting sad about things, i tell myself well, you picked this so figure it out.  also, it reminds me that i'm free to pick other things if i decide that's what i want.  as i always say, the great thing about having your own mind is you can change it whenever you like.

side note, the renaissance fair i worked at years and years ago opens 5/12 and runs until mid june.  let's all go!  if you come to ca in late may we can go to disneyland AND the fair.  i'm looking at you, michael.

so everybody keeps asking me if i'm going to go see battleship when it comes out.  i super love playing battleship but i have no intention of watching a movie based on the game.  however last night i saw a billboard for the movie and it was like coke zero and battleship forever.  and i was like YEEEES.  coke zero and battleship are pretty much two of my most favorite things in the world right now.  but i'm still not going to watch that dumb movie.  and that's that.

6 comments:

Lildonbro said...

I always want to go running and then I start to think about it and I'm like, "I don't even like running" and sometimes that stops me from going - sometimes I still go...It's a daily struggle...

Lildonbro said...

I always want to go running and then I start to think about it and I'm like, "I don't even like running" and sometimes that stops me from going - sometimes I still go...It's a daily struggle...

Lildonbro said...

I'm mad that it posted my comment twice because it told me it didn't like my word verification and I had to do it again...then it posted twice!

Laurel said...

Do you have more of the summer blacked out? I would like to maybe go to Disneyland someday.

I don't understand that battleship movie, why are there aliens?

You should run barefoot. My brother & sister-in-law run barefoot and do marathons and stuff. Its supposed to be really good for you. If you do though, I won't do it with you b/c I HATE running. :)

Abigail said...

Yep, feet weren't made to wear shoes, that's the truth of it. Just be like your mom and get some vibrams though. when we were on the way to school on Friday a man ran past us and I thought Wow his feet are really dirty...oh wait, he's not barefoot, those are vibram shoes! and his running looked very effortless.

Lolo said...

Soooo... At the ren fair random strange men grab hold of you from behind and knock you off balance... And when you are scared and squeak for help from your friend... They tell you to smile and take your picture instead... And crazily enough, you do. ;)