Sunday, May 27, 2012

spice up your life

i'm currently 136 people over my self imposed friend limit on facebook.  my friend limit is 150.  so i'm almost double my limit at this point.  some times i get stressed out about it b/c i like to stress out about things that really, really don't matter at all.

when people see me these days they say "look how tan you are!"  i've gotten pretty tan... i have never, ever been this tan in my entire life.  i'm not totally sure what's going on or what has made my body decide it would like to be tan now... but that's happening.  and in all reality i'm not actually that tan, i'm just tan relative to how i have always looked in the past.

today on my way to work i was really craving peaches.  nice soft peaches.  i also wanted to sit in the grass and look at the sky.  do you ever just want to do that?  i feel like that doesn't happen enough in my life. and i often find myself wishing for some grass to lay in. also, i miss fireflies.  if anyone in virginia (or anywhere else with fireflies) is feeling kind you should record some fireflies for me.

who wants to go camping?  me too, so let's go!  i have a four day weekend (probably) in early june and i wanted to take a trip to utah but it's looking less likely that it is going to work out. which is really a shame b/c there are awesome people in utah that i would like to see.  but that's life.

yesterday i was listening to npr and they had like a half hour segment on ticks.  the moral of the story was ticks are nasty and also be scared all the time, everywhere you go.

kevin comes home from his mission in like two months (or maybe it's three?  i just like to pretend it's right now).  i can't believe it's nearly been two years.  that seems just crazy to me.

taken about one million years ago.  or at least it feels that way.
 time flies, i guess.  whether you are having fun or not.

roger told me i'm cute today and it made me happy so i would like to record it so i can always look back on this day with fondness.  he said 'did i ever tell you i always thought you were really cute?'  he followed that up with 'in no way am i hitting on you or anything, i just thought you might want to know.  in case you forgot or something.'  you are all welcome to second his opinion of my cuteness.  because, seriously, i'm adorable.

it's almost time for katie's wedding!  congratulations, katie!  i love you!  katie has always been a wonderful friend, so patient and kind and always willing to listen and share.  christian is one lucky dude!

1. my brain can be very obsessive. 2. i enjoy when you meet someone and it feels like you have been friends always.  i feel like that is rare but it happens every once in a while.  in other news, why do i mostly have guy friends?  would anyone like to offer insight on why they think that is?  especially you guys.

one final note, let's all skype!  i miss you!

2 comments:

Stephanie Garr Adams said...

I miss you too!!!

Lildonbro said...

It's been two years!!?!!?? Remember when he stole your slushie at Alice in Wonderland? Then I had to drive home alone with him while he sang songs from Flight of the Conchords.