Monday, June 11, 2012

the results

these donbrons are ready for their close up
so the donbrons are finished.  they look more or less the way jessica's do when she makes them.  i'm thinking i should have used a slightly smaller dish but oh well. 

the cookies, on the other hand, are not great.  i'm not having much luck with cookies these days (the other day i went to make chocolate chip cookies and forgot about how you add the ingredients in a certain order until it was too late... it was terrible).  i followed the instructions but i think the recipe is just terrible.  they taste like biscuits with jelly on them... which, really, that's what they are.  that teaches me to ever listen to someone who claims their "family loves these sugar free cookies."  that's got liar all over it.

it seems like i'm almost ready to reopen the lemonade stand.  i just need to find a few investors and then we're good to go.

also, i remembered this story while i was taking a nap...

disneyland makes me feel like a freak.

going to costuming is a drag most days b/c appearently i have abnormally long arms and legs.  lets start with the pants... i can't wear women's pants at disneyland b/c they are all between 6-10 inches too short for my legs.  10 inches is almost a foot shorter than me... just in the legs!  so i have to resort to using men's pants.  some days i will get lucky and will find an inseam that fits but usually i have decided between 2 inches too short or 4 inches too short.  and what's more terrible is we aren't allowed to ever wear shorts in my department.  the costuming people always want to tell me to just wear shorts... if only i could.  i wouldn't have to worry about my ridiculously long legs and maybe i'd get some color.  two birds!

the other day i went to get a jacket and i about flipped out.  all the women's jackets were 3/4 length on my arms.  they were a good 4-6 inches too short for my arms.  are my arms seriously 6 inches longer than every other woman's?  how is that even possible?  and i know i'm not like the world's tallest woman.  what are the women who are taller than me doing?

also, the jackets they have us wear... they go from size medium to size xxl.  no large, no extra large.  i feel like they're missing a huge portion of the people in that building with the sizing options.  the medium is like i grew a fur coat and the xxl is like i crawled inside a grizzly bear and wore it to work.  neither is great.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

My family was all in town last week and they went to Disneyland a lot. My kids and I just cried a lot b/c we couldn't go. Some day we plan to have some money and buy some passes.

What does it mean to have your 120 days? I mean, I know what it means, but what does it change, what do you get, you know?

I always thought that you would just have a costume that you would buy that fits you and it would be yours. I think its a real problem that there are no costumes that fit you!

Good job baking.

Elaina said...

Disneyland is just too expensive! You should just be friends with me and have me work there forever and I will get you guys in a couple times a year. That's a lot easier that having a gazillion dollars. But if you do get a gazillion dollars you can hire me to be your ambassador to fun and you can buy us all Disneyland passes.

When you pass 120 days you are off probation and you're able to apply for transfers. That's really the only difference. Each time you transfer you have to 120 days before you're eligible to transfer again.

Yeah no buying costumes. They have a big warehouse that is mix and match on the items. So you go to the pant section find the right color and grab your size. And then you go to the shirt section and find your department's shirts and get the right size. They do all the laundry and such for us (unless you want to do it yourself... which I never want to do).

Lildonbro said...

They look fabulous! You did a great job!! I will get on those Albino Donbrons and send you results!