Tuesday, September 6, 2011

he's a fighter!

so no updates have happened in a while. i know, i'm sorry. i've been... busy. there's the new job that is not really new anymore, the earthquake, the hurricane, the improv, the relationship that came and went, shaking hands with biff from back to the future, dance mom marathons, visits from asia and so on and so forth. there are babies to be had and parades to plan and festivals to attend and tap lessons to take. and also the general feeling that everything and nothing are happening at the same time.

anyway, that's my reasoning... take it or leave it.

i left my apartment this morning and the weather was making it quite clear that summer ended yesterday. today has been gray. it's raining and just cold enough to make me realize i should have worn a jacket or a sweater or some sort of leg covering. the entire thing is odd to me b/c i think it was sunny yesterday. though, honestly, i can't remember.

i don't know what the world has against my hair. you see, for the last few years I can't get a normal haircut. i've tried all sorts of places with varying price points and skill levels and with and without referrals and i can't manage to find a person who can just cut my hair in any sort of normal fashion. the problem i always have is that they never seem to make the two sides of my head match. one side will be perfectly fine and the other side is just a totally different haircut.

this last lady gave me side swept bangs (like i wanted) on one side and bangs cut blunt at my eyebrow on the other side. she gave me long layers (like i wanted) on one side and then just kind of cut random chunks from where ever on the other side. so i have weird bangs with nice layers on the left and nice side swept bangs with weed whacker layers on the right. my solution has been to just wear my hair curly all the time and pretend like it didn't happen.

in all reality, i'm very aware that my hair troubles aren't nearly as bad as they could be as far as hair trouble or any other sort of trouble is concerned.

halloween. i'm really looking forward to it this year. because i love to dress up. i'm going to be a zombie again this year. but not just any zombie. and not a cowboy zombie... again (though i did enjoy wearing that moustache). i'm going to be marilyn monroe zombie. i'm really excited about the makeup. i love zombie makeup. and i love saying 'braaaAAAAAIIIiiinnns!'

hey, have i mentioned lately that i love trader joe's? b/c i do!

TWO WEEKS UNTIL THE FIRST CAPITALS PRESEASON GAME. so, ya know, no big deal or anything.

*note: i know there are a lot of random-y things that have been mentioned briefly. please just email me if you want further clarification on anything. you know how i do.*

1 comment: