Wednesday, November 3, 2010

a little night music


this is me at work today. when i am particularly stressed out this is how i stare at my computer. i find that fake smiling at my computer generally tricks my body into thinking maybe things are ok. it's like the rest of my body is like 'well, if her face is doing that we might as well get on board too.' so, i spent the majority of my day looking like that.

my buddy text messaged me today and asked how my day was going. i told him my day was standard, which we both decided was acceptable for a day to be. i feel like the day balanced out with good and bad. instead of just the entire day being neutral, i had a lot of good stuff happen and a lot of bad stuff happen. if for every good thing i had put a bean in a jar and for every bad thing i took a bean out, my jar would be empty right now. i'm glad i don't actually do that b/c i think that would be pretty depressing at the end of the day.

in other news, we started up the thankful board at work. every year during the month of november i write down one thing i'm thankful for every day. here in richmond we put it up on the white board and random people will add to it in addition to me. and it winds up being a neat collection of the many people, places and things people are thankful for. it's always a really cool project and neat to look at when the end of the month comes around.

today when i was driving home i realized that all i care about is listening to jazz, reading and watching hockey. and then i wondered 'when did i become this person?' i just don't know how, when or why it happened.

and now, a picture of me as gertie from halloween!


2 comments:

Laurel said...

I love the Halloween picture. That is awesome.

Lildonbro said...

Your bean thing made me think of the book Stargirl (it was one ward's book club so I read it) and she has a little wagon thing with rocks. When she is sad she takes one out (she usually has most in the wagon)...anyway. You goal post made you famous. G- quoted you, and then my friend Katie mentioned it on her blog...Just thought you would like to know.