Saturday, November 13, 2010

i start battin' my eye

so i joined a gym about a week ago. by nature i am an all in kind of person. i'm either totally doing something or i'm not doing it at all. so obviously i am now an obsessive gym goer. this first week has been good. i went friday evening. was in boston saturday and sunday. went monday, tuesday and wednesday. thursday i got to the gym, got half way through changing and then realized i didn't have any tennis shoes. this morning i went again. i can already feel it in my bones... the ache to be at the gym. i've suddenly stopped caring about anything except hanging out at the gym. at any rate, if you don't hear from me much or if i seem to be more flakey than usual, it's probably b/c i'm either (a) at the gym or (b) thinking about the gym.

after the gym this morning, i got my eyebrows waxed. this, above all things i have to do as a woman, is my least favorite thing. they put hot wax on my face and then rip it off in hopes of pulling my hair out. it makes me want to die. and what's worse is that for hours, many hours, the skin around my eyebrows is bright red and hurt-y. honestly, i don't know why i even do it. well, yes, i do. i like to look nice for the boys. i'm just thankful that my eyebrows are extremely slow at growing back in and i can usually go months between eyebrow waxings. oi.


after the waxing, i went to trader joes to do some grocery shopping. ::love:: i decided this morning that i would take my gym-ing one step further and i'm going to make the goal to not eat out as much. so i bought some stuff so that i can cook at home. the first meal went well. i cooked a chicken breast and some rice in this fabulous marinade that i got at trader joes. it waa called island soyaki or something like that. seriously i could have just drank the sauce from the bottle. screw chicken. the sauce made me decide that i need to go buy some snow peas and brocolli b/c i could eat that for every meal. including breakfast.

the bacon selections at trader joes was very confusing. the cured / uncured thing. i've never noticed that before. i'm guessing i usually eat cured bacon so i decided to go with that. i also got some tofu b/c i love tofu. a lot. i like traders joes b/c it's small and i'm not tempted to buy candy or icecream when i'm there. ha.




No comments: