Tuesday, January 5, 2010

and lots of wavy hair like liberace

so my laptop has this habit that makes me crazy. it freezes up whenever it a. pops up a message saying i need to update something or b. someone instant messages me on facebook. it makes me nuts b/c for what seems like an eternity my computer is useless and i have to sit there guessing whether it's going to be a lame update reminder or if someone wants to talk to me. and if i think someone wants to talk to me... is it someone awesome or someone not awesome? it's like this mean game my laptop plays... kind of like laptop russian roulette.

i gave up soda for my new year's resolution. i've been having the WORST caffeine withdrawal headaches for the last day (i stopped drinking soda yesterday). if i can get through these next few days, i'm never drinking soda again b/c i don't want to have to give it up again. or i might have to have my brain removed.

i went home to ca for christmas. i learned how to play settlers of catan. i also realized that i don't enjoy strategy games. no, that's not true. i enjoy strategy games... i'm just not any good at them. it's like that time we were playing scrabble on teams and joseph kept yelling at me 'PLAY WITH STRATEGY!' and i was just like uhmm, no, lets spell big words. at any rate, if anyone likes to win at strategy games, you should come play with me. i will happily play with you and you will happily destroy me at every game.

there are many good things in ca. i enjoy that you can safely walk to the mall from amber's house. you can walk any where you want from amber's house. it's AMAZING. you can't walk any where from my house. i had decided i was going to start walking to work to get some exercise. it's less than 2 miles from my house, so i figured i could do it a couple times a week, no problem. except there are no sidewalks or crosswalks for the two miles from my house to work. and i have to cross a freeway entrance and exit. why in the world would you build a city without sidewalks?! so then i thought, hey i could ride my bike and then i realized there are no bike lanes and i would have to cross a freeway entrance and exit. i'd be safer walking b/c honestly, i'm not very good at riding a bike... especially around cars. cars make me nervous. and i'm guessing there aren't places to lock up a bike at my work... especially since we don't even have a mailbox yet (what the what? STILL no mailbox! we have been open for almost a year!!!). oh and it's freezing here... which kind of destroys my will to live.

as a side note, i'd just like to say that dave & buster's specifically told me that it doesn't snow in richmond and that if it ever did it's the kind of snow that doesn't stick. i would like you all to know that they are liars. why do people always lie about the weather? the top three things people lie about: 1. weight 2. age 3. the weather. which is odd b/c those are all things that are pretty easy to verify with your eyes.

i think wimpy is the hamburglar. not to point fingers or anything, but i'm just sayin'.

is there such a thing as too much fun? i've been very paranoid lately that i'm too fun but there's no one to ask. like how much of a jerk do you sound like asking someone 'hey, do you think i'm TOO fun?' i'm just worried. (by the way, bill, this is totally your fault... just in case you were asking yourself, 'self did i cause elaina's insecurity about being too fun?' the answer is yes, yes you did.)

this is my favorite picture of ALL time. check out that face! :) cici the big sister looks a little hesitant. totally understandable. i once wrote 'stupid' on brittany's forehead while she was sleeping. i then tried to wash it off with a cloth... which was when she woke up. and then she had to go to dinner with stupid written on her forehead. funny, i don't remember getting in trouble for that. so it must have been worth it.

last night i went to bed super early b/c it was too cold to be awake. anyway, i woke up in the middle of the night b/c i got a text message. a text message from someone telling me to bring them beer. o for random. i don't remember exactly what went down but i remember saying something along the lines of 'what the what? i'm in bed.' and then a response of 'it's not even 10.' to which i wrote a little poem along the lines of 'it's cold and i'm old.' (this was all totally random b/c i don't go around buying beer for people... ever. maybe he figured it was worth a shot. and it was pretty entertaining that he tried... i don't know why he thought i'd say yes.) all this reminds me of that weirdsies stalker i had who would send me rap poem text messages in which he referred to me as shorty. you should never call someone who is taller than you shorty... even if you are trying to get her to be your boo. (as a side note, using boo is only acceptable if you're being ironic. like carrying a pager. or saying nkotb. or having a myspace account.)

which brings me to this question, why do weirdos always want to date me?!?! ::hahaha:: i don't know what that's about.

2 comments:

Lildonbro said...

This is the randomest and funniest post I've read all day! Possibly all week! I love how you jump from one topic to another. I can't believe (and yet I can) you wrote 'stupid' on her forehead. And no, you are not TOO much fun. I mean you are fun, but not too much that I shy away.

Anonymous said...

1. That is my favorite picture of all time!
2. I love the d&b thing. i would so do the same thing saying that I'm buster. buster sounds more spunky.
3. my computer freezes up when i put in a 4gb memory card for my camera. 2gb, totally fine. ihate PCs
4. That is my favorite picture of all time!