Tuesday, November 17, 2009

now we can swim any day in november

i've been pretty depressed again lately. anyway, this has made me realize that i've always been very lucky in the people i have shared an office with... asia, rachele and, now, ann. these three women have been like angels in my life. wonderful, hard working, fabulous people who keep me sane (to the extent of sanity i'm capable of having). i realized this today after telling ann about why i'm actually depressed. i realized that the only people who have ever known what is going on in my life for the last 4 years have been the ones that have been locked in an office with me 8 hours a day. besides that i usually just deal with things myself and don't like to talk about whatever it is that is currently got me beat. but it's so wonderful to have those times when i can just unload all my crazy and not have them tell me i'm crazy.

i suppose my whole point in this is to say how thankful i am for these women and what they have done for me.

this past weekend i had a stay-cation at diane's house. i just adore diane's house. it's so cute! and i have my own bedroom there! with a ninja turtle blanket. saturday we went to ihop for breakfast. i can't even remember the last time i went to ihop. it was a fun breakfast. i had biscuits and gravy and felt like a real southern lady. ihope was PACKED. i've never seen so many people in one place and we all had to set really close together. it was insane. then we went to the mall and to costco where we had a sample adventure and also berry smoothies. saturday night we ordered pizza and watched the office. sunday we went to the smithsonian museum of natural history. i learned about the history of things that are natural. i like that museum because in the lobby they have a giant elephant. after that we went to the zoo. it was a very full day. they don't have any giraffes at the national zoo. when we got back to her house i took a nap and then drove home.

and now things are in full swing at work. so many parties, so little time. ::sigh:: i spend probably have the day resisting the urge to bang my head into the wall. the good news is that so far i've been successful. today ann told me i should punch the wall. i pretended to do it and it actually did make me feel better. ha. oh wall punching!

"i'm hiding under your porch because i love you" i heard that as i was walking through target today. it was little clip from up. i think i'm going to start saying it to people now. ha. maybe i will just randomly text it to everybody one day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's with the being depressed?