Monday, July 6, 2009

that's a goof one of e-mail


here are some pictures of my office. actually this is my entire office. i have this desk and this whiteboard. i have this little corner in the world and some times... it makes me CRAZY.

today i was in such a loopy mood. it doesn't help that my gm was in the office all day... because that man only encourages me to be more goofy. at one point today he was making race cars noises. and the other day he was pretending to be the 'guest satisfaction robot.' but this isn't about him. ha.

so we're in the office today discussing some business, like we often do on mondays. i had moved to his side of the office as we were talking and once i'm over there i notice this paper taped to the wall that says "deposits error log" and my brain decided that at that very moment i needed to very loudly, in a robot voice say "ERROR." so here we are talking about marketing and sales and in the middle of the conversation my face goes blank and i shout ERROR like a robot. the look on james' face was priceless as we both bust up laughing. i was just like i'm sorry i'm not totally sure what just happened but i'm pretty this conversation just ended.

so the rods (regional operation directors) and some other corporate mucky mucks are having a little conference at our store next week. ::elaina puts face in hands and shakes head:: it's not that having the rods there is a bad thing... it's just that i act like a TOTAL idiot whenever they show up. i really have no idea why i do it, or how to make it stop. every time i meet a new rod it never fails that i do something really, REALLY stupid. for example... one time towards the end of my work day i was sitting in my office bored out of my mind trying to kill the last 15 minutes before it was time to go home. everyone else in the office was already gone and i figured the rod had left too. anyway i'm sitting there typing over and over again 0.7734 on my calculator (because for whatever reason that is an extremely entertaining way to pass 15 minutes) when my office door opens and someone walks in. at the time i was in the habit of not looking when someone walked in and just ignoring them until they said something, which was exactly what i did. i just kept punching away on the calculator... and eventually i looked up because the person hadn't said anything and who should be standing there but the rod, who says "busy crunching those numbers?" and i just looked at him and said "yep" and kept on doing it. sometimes i don't know what's wrong with me.

today one of the servers walked up to me and was like i want your job, it seems like a lot of fun. and what was my knee jerk reaction? "NO IT'S NOT!" from the woman who had just shouted error like a robot at her boss.

4 comments:

Abigail said...

ROFL. Thanks, I really needed that today. :) Someone should hide a video camera in your office. It'd be a Youtube hit I'm sure!

Laurel said...

I was watching The Office today and it made me think of you. Not because you work in an office, but because you like that show.

You should put a little key on the side of your blog for your abbreviations, like rod, gm, you know, those things. That way, you could just write them and if people didn't get it they could look at the key!

I'm glad you were just typing "Hello" on your calculator when that rod walked in and not something like "Boobs."

Laurel said...

That's a goof one of email. Ha!

Lildonbro said...

Ha-ha! I love stories of failed impulse control!!