Sunday, August 10, 2014

a little of this, a little of sweat.

guys, my legs have been hurting so much lately, i think maybe i'm going through a growth spurt.  HOW CRAZY WOULD THAT BE?!?  it would be crazy and unnecessary but also AWESOME.  i kind of secretly hope that is what is happening and it's not just that my legs hate me now.  i hope i get to be like 6'2" or 6'3" and that when people accidentally bump into me my boobs will smash them in the face b/c i am a giant.

today at work i was making imaginary tea for this kid and i went through a really long process of asking him how much sugar and whether or not he takes cream and stirring it really well and then i told him to take a sip.  and do you know what he did?  HE SPIT IT OUT.  he spit out imaginary tea and said it was disgusting.  what kind of person makes disgusting imaginary tea?  why am i so bad at tea?!?  and why are four year olds so mean to me?  so then i yelled this tea is fabulous and i dumped the tea pot over his head.  that entire story is true, except not that last sentence.

i've been going through jungle withdrawals lately.  it's no fair that i spend the majority of my time smelling like a normal person instead of sweat and gun powder.  i also miss working in a place where everyone is all sweaty and not just me.  being the lone sweater is basically the worst kind of sweater.

i had a dream last night that i got a raise of an additional $2.50 an hour and it was basically the happiest moment of my life.  this is how i know i am poor. 

i would also like to record for all prosperity my new life motto: "if you're not sweaty, you're not doing it right."  i can no longer remember why jasmine said that but it is the best thing anyone has ever said to me.

this certainly has been a lot of sweat talk.  sorry.

also i can never figure out the entire it's vs its thing.  TOO HARD.
it's = contraction of it is
its = belongs to it
right?  TOO HARD.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Whenever we go to Disneyland we see the ice cream shop and think of Abby and see the Jungle Cruise and think of you!

Abigail said...

I totally agree with the its vs. it's. Why can't they just be consistant?! Just make it all it's.

Now post your Richard Sherman story! I'm not as awesome as your other friends, but I want to know too!