Tuesday, October 16, 2012

reservations

i deserve for something really awesome to happen to me. *  i don't normally say i deserve things.  but this time i feel like i really, truly, deserve for something awesome to happen.

i declined a date. to a wine tasting. with a lawyer.  date, wine tasting, lawyer and me would all be in one unimaginably awesome sentence if i didn't enjoy using dramatic punctuation.  also, all those things would be together in real life if i wasn't trying to do better.  it took me hours, literal hours, to decline.  but i did.

in other news, but also the same news, men should learn to strike while the iron is hot.  :: mumble mumble if you weren't so slow mumble mumble::

hot iron = good time for strinking
six months later = you're too late, dummy, the iron is all cold and yelling about bad timing to herself


i don't know that i've mentioned this lately... but i really love honey boo boo.  i swear, i will cut anyone who says anything bad about her.  she's a funny, loving, charming little girl.  i totally understand if you don't want to watch her show, that's fine.  but seriously, calling a seven year old disgusting on the internet?  get out of my face.  and, uhmm, hello, ALL seven year olds are disgusting.  every last filthy one of them.  not all seven year olds use their time to promote anti bullying campaigns and collect toys to donate to poor kids in their community.  i admire alana and her family... they are themselves, they love who they are, they love each other, they enjoy spending time together and they love to help where they can.  maybe if more families were like that, people would be a little happier.  and they would spend less time on the internet making fun of little girls.

i start training for the jungle cruise on thursday.  also, maybe i will get a new job tomorrow.  once again,
hot iron = good
cold iron = bad
but things don't always turn out the way we expect them to.  and by 'don't always' i mean they 'never, ever do.'  it's just the way of the road, i suppose.  all in a day.

* yes, yes i realize awesome things happen to me all the time.  i am the queen of having awesome things happen to me b/c i control the universe with my mind.  however, i expect this to be a male interaction trade off.  do you hear me universe?

3 comments:

Lildonbro said...

Who is Honey Boo Boo?

Abigail said...

Okay I finally watched the first episode of Honey Boo Boo, and #1 learned that the child has a real name, and #2 they've got a pretty tight family, and #3, if I ever need paper towels, I'm going to their house.

Elaina said...

Hahaha. I'm super ridiculously defensive about Honey Boo Boo. I think it's bc her name is Alana so that like makes us sisters or something. I love her and I want one to play with on the weekends. Or an Alana doll where you push a button and it says her catch phrases.