Monday, March 12, 2012

where dreams come true

hey, you know what i love? blanket forts, that's what.

i've completed my first two days of training at disneyland. yesterday one of our trainers was this dude who had to be at least 6'5", possibly taller. that's ridiculous, yo. he used to work on the jungle cruise and i talked to him about it a bit and he said he didn't like working there b/c he was too tall to fit in the boat properly. amazing. one of the trainers today also used to work on the jungle cruise and he said he didn't like it b/c he got sick all the time b/c people put the microphone thing too close to their mouth and everybody is germy. these are all interesting things to think about.

speaking of tall people, i would appreciate if my husband was tall. at least 6'2". simply b/c i think having ridiculously tall children is a really good idea. go big or go home, right? it's not that i think short people are bad (some of my best friends are short, i swear) but i just don't want average height children.

i'm 5'10". i was never one of those people who wished they were a different height. i'm comfortable with being a tall woman and have no problem wearing heels (at least when it comes to the height issue... it's mostly pain from when i broke my foot that makes me wear flats). and if i had to pick to grow or shrink 2 inches, i would definitely pick to grow. i would just hope that those two inches went to my torso and not my already ridiculously long legs (i like to occasionally be able to wear pants that aren't high waters).

i've become very dependent on the perks of being a tall person. such as it's a lot more difficult to get lost in crowds b/c you can see over everyone and your friends can spot your head easily. also, i can reach high shelves and use the top of the fridge as extra storage space (it wasn't until i lived with a short person that i realized not everyone can keep their cereal boxes up there!). it takes a bigger wave to knock me over in the ocean and more of me stays dry when i'm trying to cross a river! and finally, i generally believe that a tall person with a good head of hair can have basically anything they want. this is based solely on the fact that i am a tall person with a good head of hair and i believe i can have basically anything i want (you short and / or bald people are welcome to come out with your own theories for your personal success, as for me i'm sticking with long legs and luxurious hair).

here is a story that has nothing to do with any of that... i have this friend shannon who i met doing improv in virginia. after a few months of knowing me she turns to me one day and says 'you're not cool!' she said it in a tone that implied that i had been lying to her since we met. i guess she had been under the impression that i was cool and that i even thought i was cool. this was funny to me b/c i knew me in junior high and armed with this knowledge, i will never-ever think i am cool. additionally, it never occurred to me that someone would assume i was cool when meeting me. i mean, i have a lot of really amazing attributes... i think i'm awesome (have you noticed that i'm five inches taller than the average american woman and my hair is really silky and naturally curly?!)... but cool is not something i've ever been or even wanted to be. i don't really know where i was going with this story, other than to say sometimes people think i'm cool and i'm not. the end.

one final note, congratulations michael on solving the case of the missing keys and car. you're a regular hardy boy now!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Well, I believe that being short and having a fabulous head of hair is the winning combination.

Also, Karl Pilkington said that he would rather be a little person than a very tall person like Stephen Merchant.

I am looking for a play to direct, I have a cast of kids, the oldest are 4 girls. I almost wanted to do MATB b/c we are going to be performing it in a conference room which would make a nice banquet hall, but I don't have the right cast.

ladyelainaah said...

I love Karl Pilkington with my whole heart. I wouldn't want to be short like Ricky Gervais, though. I think it's a lot harder to get by in life being a short man than a short woman. I think you would have to make up for it by being good looking and very charming.

How old are these kids? You should do Charlotte's Web!

Also, I need to come to your house some day. Next week I'm off work Monday - Thursday.

Laurel said...

Next week we are going to Utah! What about the week after?