Tuesday, May 17, 2011

just another manic... tuesday

ok i'm going to be self esteem-y here for a moment. it's my blog so i can do whatever i want. feel free to go away now if you aren't on board.

last saturday was my first comedy sportz show. i feel like it went alright. not as great as i would have hoped but i didn't vomit on anyone or run off stage crying. i even got out two 185 jokes (so what if they were both on the suggestions of shoes... it's something). this idea that it didn't go fabulously was only further solidified in my mind by the fact that a couple people asked me the absolute thing worst thing you could hear after a show:

"did you have fun?"

this is theater code for 'i have nothing good to say about what just assaulted my eyes for two hours but i don't want to squash this poor fool's dreams.' the only thing worse is when someone tells you that you looked pretty in your costume.

at any rate, i checked the show schedule today to see if i would be working show support (box office) this weekend... and i'm playing friday and saturday night.

so either it didn't go as badly as i thought it did or the artistic director thinks i enjoy acting a fool. either way, i'm way more nervous about this weekend's show than i was last weekend. i already am in the 'i think i'm going to vomit, sweating profusely, can't make sentences' stage of my anxiety. i'm so excited that i get to be like this until the weekend. yay!

in other news i'm in the process of purchasing a new vehicle. the forenza's engine died. she is gone now. when the man took her away on the tow truck i thought i might cry or be sad. but i wasn't. it kind of made me feel like maybe i'm a robot. but i guess robots don't vomit at the idea of not being able to think of jokes. unless, you know, it's that kind of robot.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

I'm a little sad about the Forenza, she was my FRIEND-za. (hahaha, I was just thinking that when all your new friends read that they will think that I am the dumbest person who ever lived!)

I was just at Robby's house and we were talking about Club 33, then The Magic Castle, then about you working at D&B, then your new job, then I said, "You know what she is doing in VA too? Playing professional CSz!" From that we found out that he's never been to a pro game, or even knew that there was such a thing! That was shocking to me b/c Robby lives in LA and he's never been to a game, after we've driven to LA so many times just to see CSz!

Anyway, the point of all this is to remind you that it is awesome that you are playing, and I bet you were a lot funnier than you think you were! I could've told you that for sure if you had had someone tape it for me! Good luck this weekend! What were your 185 jokes?

Anonymous said...

RIP Biotch Car. I enjoyed illegally driving you through several states.