Saturday, May 28, 2011

beeeee beeee boop

we have this company out here in virginia called relayfoods.com. they did a groupon and through some awesome planning i got $50 worth of groceries for $10. basically how this company works is you order your food online, they provide items from local farms and bakers and such and then you meet a truck in a parking lot and they give you the goods. i just made pork chops, sauerkraut and sausage from the food i got today. it turned out delicious. i'm totally letting the food take the credit for dinner being delicious b/c i've never made pork chops before and it's after midnight... so it totally wasn't me.

i've been watching 500 days of summer obsessively. if you haven't seen it, do that right now. i saw this movie for the first time a few months back and it convinced me to get bangs cut into my hair. i would usually watch it every couple weeks. but right now i'm watching it at least once a day. it's a good get you over heart break movie. once i stop feeling like i need to watch this every day then i will know i'm better.

yesterday i pulled out my old high school drama notebooks and read an entire year's worth of journaling. i started b/c i was feeling very sad but after a few pages i realized that it was hilarious. and then i pulled up getmortified.com and submitted for an audition with the dc chapter. so that i can read these journals on stage for other people's enjoyment. i was telling someone about this tonight and they were like why would you want to do that?! but really it was 10 years ago. i don't think it matters. it's just funny at this point.

the new job is going well. i've started settling in. actually i moved my stuff into my office today. i also got some chalkboard paint and turned one of my walls into a chalkboard. really at this point it just looks like i painted the wall black. one of my coworkers walked by and i was like uhhm what made you pick black? i'm sure they all think i'm out of my mind but what's new, eh?

my favorite mental image right now is the idea of a person drinking wine out of the bottle through a crazy straw.

i think i'm going to get my hair colored brown.

2 comments:

Brianna said...

Are you sure you want to go brown again? Do I need to remind you how that turned out the last time? Well if you do decide to do it, I suggest professionals this time. Heidi and I do not qualify as professionals :)

Laurel said...

I have seen 500 days of Summer. So, I'm good.