Monday, December 13, 2010

the perfect man

today at work my buddy was making fun of me and he said 'you love manly men. all you want in a man is for him to be wearing a flannel shirt and to have a beard!' and then there was a pause while his wheels were spinning...

and then he shouted 'i know who your perfect man is!'

'al borland!'

i will not deny that i love a good manly man.

anywho, i'm not totally sure how i'm still awake. anne's flight yesterday was canceled b/c she was supposed to fly through chicago but she got on a flight for this morning and to get to the airport on time i woke up a little after 4:30. when i opened the door of the house i said aw man is it raining and anne let me know that it definitely was not raining. oh no, my friends, it was snowing. so anyway, after an extra stressful drive to the airport i went to the gym to work out for a bit but really to use the shower.

the shower experience was a bit of a let down b/c the water was luke warm. not the greatest feeling on a snowy monday morning. anyway, after that i head back to my house to finish getting ready for work. i flat ironed my hair for about an hour. i think it took an abnormal amount of time b/c i was half asleep. eventually i pulled it together in time to sit on the freeway, attempting to battle the other drivers and the snow. the 15 minute drive took about 45 but it wasn't all that bad. it seemed to go back pretty quickly. i think i spent a lot of time talking to myself.

work was busy but i survived. we got free breakfast. that's always a win. i mostly just spent the day at my computer busily banging away at contracts and emails and mounds and mounds of paperwork. exciting stuff.

after work i got in a really nasty mood. partially b/c of my tiredness and partially b/c of my current inner conflict regarding the thing with the stuff and the pants. i decided the thing most likely to prevent me from spending the evening weeping was another trip to the gym. so i went there for an hour or so this evening.

then i began the journey out to kimy's. the refuge for those who seek clean dishes, laundry and not showering in gyms. on the way i stopped at target b/c i thought of the perfect gift for jon. unfortunately they didn't have any of the pieces that i needed for the gift. another unfortunate thing was i was so tired i has lost any capacity for rational thought. i spent an hour or so aimlessly wandering the store before picking up some laundry detergent and cheddar cheese and deciding it was probably best to leave.

i got to the house and realized it was after ten and i hadn't eaten dinner and was ready for a melt down. i tried eating left over mac and cheese but it tasted like death. then i decided to have nutella on bread. but when i went to get the nutella out of the jar it was solid b/c it had been in my car in the snow all day. i decided to put the jar in the microwave.

dumb.

it's in there for about two second and BAM flashes of light and my brain goes 'LIGHTNING!' luckily my hands work without my brain and i popped the microwave open before i started a fire. some times i'm surprised by my brains automatic reactions to things.

for example, one time i was driving from california to arizona and in the road there was a chunk of blown out tire but my brain goes 'ALIGATOR' and i swerved. for whatever reason my brain decided that the thing most likely to be in the road in the desert in arizona was an aligator. right.

or in my apartment complex in san diego there were a lot of stray cats. one night i was taking at the trash and as i tossed the bag in the dumpster, a cat came flying out. i throw my arms in the air and instead of yelling on expletive, i shouted 'CATS!' i was glad that no one was there to witness that.

ok definitely time for some sleep. here's to hoping for no more snow!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I know you are lying b/c it doesn't snow in Virginia.