Thursday, September 9, 2010

a real class act

caitlin and i had a fun outing this evening. i saw online that the virginia museum of fine art was open today until 9 pm and had a jazz band and since it was all free i decided i was going to go. and caitlin was more than happy to come with me.

i must tell you, there's nothing like knowing the name of painting or recognizing a painter by style to make me feel like a genius. being in art museums generally make me feel like i'm the smartest person alive by 1. being there and 2. having some knowledge of art works.

after we had toured the museum a bit we made our way to the cafe. we sat on the outside patio and i enjoyed a dinner of cheese and fruit while listening to the jazz band play. the weather was perfect and it was a wonderful, rich moment... being there.

i wish there were more evenings like that.

next friday the richmond astronomical society has their sky watch at the science center. they set up their telescopes for the public to use for free. i'm. totally. there.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

That sounds like fun!

I was in LA with my mom a few weeks ago for my niece's baby blessing. I was telling her about all the fun stuff we used to do in LA back in the day. I especially told her that she should go to the Getty, b/c she has never been!