Wednesday, September 1, 2010

comedy sportz closing?!?

i wish it was some sort of sick joke. but sadly it's not. comedy sportz sent out this link this evening. i watched the video of james' plea for help and i cried. comedy sportz has meant so much to me over the years. i first fell in love with comedy sportz when i was in high school when i played on my school's team. i even went to csz camp one summer. it was through comedy sportz that i came into my own. i learned to have a voice. i learned to believe in me. i learned i was good at something. i learned i was funny. comedy sportz camp taught me one of the greatest lessons i've learned in life... FAIL BIG. they always told is that it was better to fail big than to fail not trying. so if you're going down, take the risk, jump in with both feet and FAIL BIG. it's something i think about all the time, especially lately at this cross roads in my life.

they also taught me the difference between sexy and creepy. which, 10 years later, is something i still share with people. 10 years later and people are still laughing at that joke!

and then i think about all the shows i've attended at the theater on seward. the friends i've taken there. the birthdays, holidays and special occasions i've celebrated there. the time i broke my foot there! the laughs i've had. the times i've been feeling so down and miserable that i would just get in the car and drive to a show, knowing that comedy sportz would make it all ok. there are just so many memories and comedy sportz has been such a huge part of my life... i can't bear to think of it not being there. man, i'm crying again!

if you can, purchase some tickets. give them to friends in la. go see a show, you won't regret it. i promise.

in the mean time, comedy sportz and all the talented act-letes will be in my prayers. you're so much more than just a show in la. you've helped make me who i am.

No comments: