Sunday, December 20, 2009

gee wiz

this is me pretending to be happy about that fact that i'm being snowed on. the snow started up pretty quickly. i don't know if that's always what happens with snow since this really has never happened to me before. by the time i got home from work it was coming down pretty heavily.

the snow stresses me out and i got very little sleep last night. for whatever reason i would wake up in a panic every half hour or so and would bolt over to the window. i think part of me was afraid that the snow would have disappeared or that the whole world would have filled up with snow. i don't know which would have been more shocking to me. at any rate it made for a very stressful night.

this morning i decided i would try to take some pictures of the snow. so i put on jeans and a sweatshirt and opened the front door and realized there was no way i was going outside like that. i went and grabbed my snow coat, opened the door and got to the open air and went back inside for more gear. i grabbed a scarf and pulled up my hood and finally made my way to the parking lot. i took a few photos before i realized i really should have put on gloves and my fingers were killing me. i scurried back to the apartment as quickly as possible (which was actually very slowly b/c i was petrified of falling, breaking an arm and dying alone in my apartment).





















so the other night we decided to have some fun with diet coke and mentos (yes, i've been on a myth busters kick). fun with diet coke and mentos eventually leads to fun with other household items... like cornstarch. we learned a lot about what happens when you combine water and cornstarch (CREEPY) but more importantly i learned what happens when you combine fire and cornstarch... this:

i'm still trying to get my hands on the video to post here. it's a good time.

anyway, i've got a lot of stressful stuff going on right now. i've got some career decisions to make. ::joy:: and just generally waiting on some stuff to work or not work out. also, all the christmas parties for this weekend got cancelled due to the weather so that means more events moving to january. things definitely did not play out the way i had expected. but then again they rarely do. just ask my hair.

No comments: