Wednesday, December 2, 2009

it's the journey

so yesterday ann and i got lunch at mcdonald's. ann orders and then i go up and order and at the end of my transaction this happens:
mcdonald's worker man: you're very beautiful.
me: oh, uhmm thank you.
mcdonald's worker man: i just had to say it. i couldn't keep a straight face anymore.
me: (in my head) is that still a compliment? can i have my lunch now? where's the nearest exit?

which leads to... my favorite stories of times guys have randomly hit on me! woo!

so i'm in the parking lot at the ontario mills (i think it's important that i tell you ontario mills... if you've ever been there you'll understand). laurel and i are walking from the movie theater (where we have just purchased tickets for a movie that starts in an hour or so) and are making our way to the food court for dinner when a random guy runs up to me
random guy: hey, hey!
me: uhm, yeah?
random guy: what are you doing?
me: uhm, we're going to eat.
random guy: can i buy you a burger?
me: no i don't think so.

so i'm leaving denny's with little dan. we're getting into the car and next to my side is a truck of guys.
driver guy: hey, can you do the hula?
me: what?
driver guy: i said can you do the hula?
me: uhm, no.
driver guy: oh... uhm because you look like you're hawaiian.
me: dan unlock the car.
::i think the guy either forgot the punchline of the joke or chickened out but i'm sure it should have ended with something about getting lei'd::

and then there's always the assortment of random work incidents. oh the work incidents. like the captain who would come in and dance with my chair. or the kitchen worker who would sneak up and hold my hand. or the server who would tell me i looked like a school girl. or the guy at the coffee shop who wanted to name his daughter after me luckily his wife wouldn't let him (that mostly just qualifies as awkward). or this
him: i love you.
me: i know.
him: no, no you don't.
me: ::awkward::

oh when i was in new york katelyn got hit on by some weird guy. the best part: when he came over and went to start talking he totally drooled on the table. nice.

reminds of the time i was talking to some guy at a networking event. so we're outside chatting it up and suddenly a bug just flies up his nose. his eyes go wide, he looks at me and says 'i have to go' and walks away. i was just like uh yeah you do.

oh life! cracks me up!

3 comments:

Abigail said...

Oh thank you for sharing those, it was a great laugh!
I can count on one finger the number of times I've been hit on!

Laurel said...

You are the queen of being randomly approached by guys. You just have that way about you, I guess.

I wish I could see a big fly up someone's nose!

britt said...

hahaha! It's nice to be reminded of those silly things that happened!
Although that guy who danced with your chair forever ruined "It's Just a Ride" by Jem forever for me. I hate him a little bit.